629 South Andover St.
Toledo, OH 43606
(612) 555 - 0275
Position as an English teacher.
Ohio Secondary Certificate in English, December 1997
English Teacher, 1997 - Present
Oak Park High School, Toledo, OH
• Taught American Literature & Writing Composition to 9th - 12th graders.
• Organized cooperative learning activities.
• Implemented portfolio grading system in literature classes.
• Incorporated new texts into standard curriculum
• Tutuored students seeking additional guidance with course work
• Assessed student performance throughout the term.
• Conducted individual student conferences.
• Chaperoned field trips and school dances.
Student Teacher, 1996 - 1997
Urbana High School, Athens, OH
• Taught American Literature to a diverse group of students
• Implemented creative curricula utilizing outcome-based education & alternative assessments
• Wrote and taught dynamic lesson plans
• Tutored students after school and chaperoned field trips.
• Assisted with student government activities
Speech & Debate, Theatre, Track & Field. I welcome the opportunity to coach extracurricular activities.
B.A., English, 1996
Ohio University, Athens, OH